Skyy the limit

Skyy the limit

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Qing Ming

Qing Ming is a festival that we, Chinese hold memorial ceremony for the dead. It is also a time to express one's grief for his lost relatives! People often go to sweep and weed graves with whole family. Same as last year, I joined my parents and Grandparents + some Uncles and Aunties to pay a visit to our late Great Grandpa too!

Maybe I'm still young so I don't really know where we were going that Sunday but as long as it was a getaway from home, it's a good sign!

Kind of losing patient here in Daddy's car while waiting for the rest before the set off but...well, I can still pose for Mummy Handphone's camera! Haha...

Finally, we had reach our destination in the late afternoon but it was still quite packed with people. From the sight of the left over ashes, I think many people had also left too since it's once in a year affair to most who visit the deceases.

Then something amazed me as I was getting bored again! This paper mansion which completes with cars, swimming pool, garden, air con and blah blah blah...

It looked exactly like a toy to me so I kept telling my Grandparents - "...here's the air con, has 2 cars, can swim in the pool..." I think I heard the rest were laughing at me as I later found out from Mummy that the so called "Mansion" will be burnt to Great Grandpa while will he receive it in real "Mansion"??? Hmmm...Mummy is a Christian while she doesn't believe in all this but I guess that it would be a pity that it would be burnt away! What do you think?

Well, I got to pay a visit to my Mummy's Grandma who was my Great Grandma too this year at the Mandai Crematorium. This place is different as it comes with many blocks of tall buildings. Great Grandma was a Christian too so we just bought her flowers and Mummy started praying with her eyes closed. I think she must be missing Great Grandma a lot. Then it was my turn to pray for healthy.

Back to top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home