Skyy the limit

Skyy the limit

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Trip to the Library

We went to the Library at Woodland Civic Plaza yesterday. This was the 1st time that I've been to a Library! And it was really an eye-opener!

Well, let me bring you through that one hour of experience there...

I was so excited the moment we went there cos it was so big, cosy and fully air-conditioned. We went right to the highest level - 5th floorth where all the Children books were located. Along the way up, it was like a shopping centre kind of feel and environment, so noisy and many people moving up or down the elevators! When you reached the entrance of the Children corner, it was like a big "Playground" to me! Many kids around my age were running around, many people sitting on the carpet floor, some uncles sleeping away on the sofa or on the floor...piles of books lying all over the places and it just seem so crowded and busy for a Library! Don't you agreed with me that this is just like a Playground or a shopping centre that only carries books and yet books?

Well, my excitement level was still on the high side despite seeing all of the above and I was soon blended into the environment...I roamed about, checking out shelves to shelves...shouted out to my parents when things excited me just like the rest do! But they would "sSSSShhh" to me, asking me to tone myself down...

I was so happy to see many books that trilled me and it made me wanted to settle down quickly to browse through the book that I've just picked up from the shelf. We were lucky to find a single sofa seat right at one corner where an Indian family of 3 was right in front of us, sitting on the floor with a big pile of books.

The book was on a dog breed known as Chihuahua and Ozzy was of the same breed. There were some pics which resemble just like Ozzy as well.

Just as we were about to leave...we realized that the Indian family had long gone while the pile of books were still there! Hmmm...

Another flow of chaotic scenes appeared right at the entrance too...when this particular mascot appeared at the event corner! All the kids gathered there and wanted to go near the mascot just like I do but you can only do so under 1 condition - you MUST borrow 4 books and proved it with the receipt!!! Haha...of cos' Daddy and Mummy find it very meaningless for us to do that and so we left the "Playground".

Back to top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home