Skyy the limit

Skyy the limit

Monday, February 12, 2007

Hong Kong Disneyland Here I Come!

Finally, after a long wait...we went to Hong Kong Disneyland on the 3rd day of our trip!

"The "chanting" of taking areoplane to see Mickey Mouse will soon be over" said Mummy. I don't blame her for stating this sentence as I indeed, had repeated numerous time that "I'm taking the areoplane to see Mickey Mouse" since day 1! She said once to me after our tickets are confirmed and I've repeated at least once almost everyday till we really arrived at Disneyland! Hurray!!!

Well, to really reach Disneyland is a real challenge! Why? Cos' you have to walk at least a few hundred metres from where your tour bus alights you! I was already asking Mummy to carry me before we reach Disneyland! Haha.

Before entering the main gate, this is where lots of people would take a pic of themselves with this statue of Mickey and the big whale! I had my pic taken here too! Too many shots on just this statue alone so I choose the BEST one out of the best! Hee hee...

Daddy would take any pic of me whenever there's a good "spot"! Here's the statue of a Rocket in the Tomorrowland. We took the Autopia - future aboard electric cars that cruise along the highways of Tomorrow and also interacted with Stitch at the Stitch Encounter where it actually communicates to us from the screen itself! We were so amazed as Stitch behaved so "real"! A pity that due to my height, there's some rides that I can't try and so Daddy and Mummy don't get a chance to try too.

If you got a chance to visit Disneyland, do remember to catch their live performances or animated shows! It's a MUST or else you will regret! We managed to catch a few fantastic performances that day while this pic was taken during "The Golden Mickey" musical celebration of Disney's best loved films, songs and characters! It was so GRAND and some of the characters even ran off stage and shake hands with us! Mr Tazan had gave Mummy a hand shake when he passed by our row!

All the performances were fantastic and I will still remember some of the casts when I'm older. One of the best show was this "Mickey's PhilharMagic" which was a magical 3-D adventure. We had to put on the specialize 3-D spectacles in order to see the 3-D effects. There were moments when the items seems to be flying directly at us and you just can't help by covering your face or use your hands to "push" it away...well, of course you don't really touch it. Then came the water drops and yummy smells...so unforgettable experience which might be once in my life time! Hope NOT!

More pics were then taken at the Fantasy Garden where Mickey and his friends will be there waiting for us to take pics with them! This Goofy is so funny and comical that he almost tricked me in saying bye bye before we take pic! Hmm...me no small guy anymore...

Well, Mickey is the hottest choice here so some queuing time is needed before you can take some pics with him! Luckily that we managed to get some!

Nobody have told me that Winnie the Pooh is the most affectionate character among all but I had experienced it here at that moment when he hugged me closely the moment he saw me!

Then to hold hand with this little red dragon that I don't even know his name...

I had took pics with all the characters which were available that slot with Daddy's camera. Those that were captured by the so called "pro" from Disneyland would cost me S$20+ per photo which we didn't get a single one, it was too expensive and not practical! Think Daddy took a better job then them! I had lots more that include Mummy as well!

Well, you must be asking why there's no rides introduction so far, right? Ok, here you go! This Jumbo Elephant ride was great as I took a few times all with Mummy!

We took the Mad Hatter Tea Cups for a spin as well but Daddy dare not take it or else, he'll go giddy after the cups go round and round!

There were many other rides which we had tried but as my parents are "Web SHY" so I can't post the pics here...basically each ride would take us average about 10 mins of queuing time which was consider quite reasonable. Thanks to the non-peak period while every rides and shows are still accessible. But there were simply too many mainland people whom you might have a hard time queuing up with them...as you may realize that you are behind them if you are not alert! Pushing and noise population are also unavoidable! This is because they are very likely to shout from one point to another for their friends or relative to join in their queue or just to send a regard!

When you find anything that interests you in Disneyland...just strike a pose and snap it!

This is one of the day events where you will get to see how many people actually entered Disneyland with you during your visit! This is the once in a day - Disney on Parade! We were there slightly late so all the good seats or spots were already taken up by other visitors!

Well, just have to beat against the Sun that shine directly on us and tried to capture as many good memories as possible! I tried my best to wave at all the characters too so as to get their attention on me in returns! This is Daisy, Donald Duck's girl friend!

Oh, here comes Donald Duck!

Who would you think of when you see the seven dwarfs?

Yes! Snow White!

Here’s the Mickey parade car!

"Chipmunks"? Sorry if I got the spelling wrong but at least it sound like this!

Too bad that as we were against the Sun, Daddy couldn't capture all the characters but at least we captured them in our minds!

Time really flies and soon it was night time! The Cinderella Carousel really looks beautiful even in the dark!

This is a nite view on the main street, USA. The night had quieted down when the moon moved in!

But actually, all are waiting for the time to capture the once in a day too - Disney in the Stars Fireworks at 8pm!

I was quite frighten in the beginning maybe due to lack of sleep and I kept asking Daddy and Mummy to go home...but I was peeping at the fireworks when we walked our way out...

It's been a fruitful & enjoyable day at Hong Kong Disneyland and here's what we had brought back as souvenirs - Tigger Tiger key chain for Mummy and 2 die cast cars and a Autopia license for myself! Daddy got all the memorable photos for us!


Back to top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home